Sunday, March 7, 2010

Iron Knitter Round 4

Well the pattern has been released, and now I have a choice.

Get completely freaked out at having to do my first "toe-up" sock with an incredibly hard for me to follow chart of symbols my brain can't comprehend or remember for more than a milli-second.

Or consider this a very zen learning experience, move slowly, and complete each stitch using all my powers of concentration and relaxation.

I has taken me the day to complete the toe and 21 rounds of the pattern (compared to my usual 1/2 of a sock done)

I have decided to attempt to follow a Zenlike path, I have until March 20th to get through this.

Here is my math - each sock will be approximately 14" from toe to cuff, that gives be 28 inches of knitting and 14 days. If I can keep on track with 2 inches of knitting a day I will be in a very calm place.

So from now until the 20th of March - you will see in the subject line of each post how many inches I have left to go vs. how many days (this is regardless of what the subject of my post may be).

And for those of you in a sporting mood, please feel free to make side bets on how long before I loose my mind and start teaching the children new and colourful language!

Must go - have to make my two inches for the day!!! (just about there and only took me 5 hours of knitting today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment