Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cotton, Milk and Corn, oh my




Spring officially arrives on Saturday, April 3rd when my local LYS http://www.spunfibrearts.com/ has their annual Spring Sale. So I will be stocking up on my cotton, milk, silk, bamboo and corn to create some amazing pieces to spruce up my wardrobe. Even just a few top down tee's in some bright colours will add what is needed to my spring wardrobe, and they can still be worn under a jacket if they mornings are still a bit brisk.


I will also be making a big purchase for the "Tree of Life" afghan for my (can't tell you niece or nephew) who will arrive in August, all I will say is I am thinking oatmeal, not pink. I will keep you updated on my progress here. I would not have chosen to attempt this piece, had it not been for the socks in Iron Knitter Round 4 (pattern: Maeve, available as a Ravelry download) which taught me to appreciate, but not love yet, wandering cable stitches and how to do cables without a cable needle.

and speaking of Iron Knitter - one of my team mates Ember (rav id) took the crown, unfortunately I was knocked out in round 4 with a chest infection (also the reason I have been quiet on the blog front. ). So a big congratulations to Ember!!! We started with 98 knitters back in January, and 6 rounds total.
All for now - am working on my entry for the Knitting Guild Association contest - details can be found at www.yarnmarket.com (contest sponsor), deadline is May 5th.


No comments:

Post a Comment