Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall into knitting

Ahhhh, my favourite season has arrived, one where you can be wearing all your wonderful hand knits. But also that time of year when you are happy to have a big huge afghan in your lap as you work on it.

And one of my favourite events of the fall season is the Port Elgin Pumpkinfest.  For this years event, I have crafted these lovely hats for all to wear,  our family will definately be easy to pick out.

Goal was to have 8 hats made up, so far I have 3 completed and #4 underway. Not quite where I should be, but there are still many hours left before it begins!

The hats are my own design, and each pumpkin is a little bit unique, just like each family member.  Crafted with Cascade 220, sure to keep our pumpkins warm!

Another favourite family stop is the Williamsford Pie Company located in Williamsford, Ontario on Highway 6, worth the drive anyday.  They have a Lemon Buttermilk Pie that is the best thing you will ever have on your plate.  I would suggest calling ahead if you are doing a drive by pick up as they sell out quite quickly, but are more than happy to accommodate any special orders.

And to get you in the Christmas Spirit, I have 2 new pattern releases at Knitpicks which I am sure you will enjoy:

Brava Holiday Tree Skirt


Brava Holiday Afghan


Happy Fall Knitting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment